Hi, I’m Nicola. I live and work in Shropshire, Central England, UK. I’m a self-taught artist who has been creating art for many years yet only in 2019 did I realise that I could actually make a career out of my creative skills.
I create art that is playful & bright, organic and whimsical, inspired by nature yet guided by my emotions & feelings. Every painting I create is unique and captures personal moments in life expressed through the use of colour, shapes & pattern.
As an artist I enjoy using lots of different materials, although I mainly use Acrylic Gouache (Turner), white & black ink pens (Posca extra fine) and professional grade watercolour pan paints (Winsor and Newton).
As a painter and avid lover of nature & countryside walks, I’m naturally drawn to the vast array of colours, shapes and pattern. Nature has some of the most wonderful patterns and interesting colour variations that you can see in the natural world. It therefore seems a natural fit that I’d want to use nature as inspiration in my own artwork 🙂
I love mixing paint colours, adding shapes, pattern and lines, all while listening to music. For me, I work best on an evening, when all the day’s chores are done and I can just focus on creating great art.
Fun facts about me:
1) I’m a qualified Hairstylist, special Needs Teaching Assistant as well as a competent Graphic Artist.
2) My love of colours comes from playing with wax crayons as a child where I used to ‘pair up’ what I thought were good colour combinations. I didn’t know at the time, but I was creating my own colour palettes!
3) My love of nature comes from being exposed to the countryside a lot as a child with my parents, family & grandparents. My nan used to tell me about all the different flowers and trees and I found this very fascinating as a child.
4) I’m a stationery addict…… I have countless folders, pencil cases, notebooks, pens etc.
5) I am obsessed with circles (nearly all of my abstract paintings have circles in). I don’t honestly know why, though I do know I loved the game ‘Perfection’ by MB as a kid and all those shapes it had were so cool. Plus it was always awesome when you finally managed to beat the clock!! Yay!
6) I’m a great cook and love creating a meal from scratch. Of course I was’nt always good and it’s taken many years of burnt meals! Ha ha 🙂 I also love gardening and home decorating. Funny how all three are involved with colours and creation is’nt it?! 🙂
I hope you find my art both inspiring and revitalising. You can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂
You can connect with here:
Thank you for your interest in me as an artist. I hope to connect with you soon!